Wednesday, October 06, 2004

The machine...

From an interview on Straight Talk with Mychal Massie
KEYES: Well, first of all, I think it's important that I'm putting together what I call a community of principle, to replace the coalition of selfish politics that's represented by the little clique of machine politicians that now dominates the State of Illinois. I think it's a great disservice to the whole state that we have a handful of people who do not, apparently, share the heart and values of the people. They are taking stands on key moral issues that are contrary to the faith and belief of, I think, a majority of people in Illinois, including folks in Chicago who have been voting for this machine and yet seen their faith and values betrayed by it.
Ummm. Maybe some one should tell Keyes that Obama wasn't the machine's candidate.