So, I really wanted to go to this Senatorial Forum by Obama in Naperville on Faith and Politics (Keyes version is next week), but tomorrow night is the Edwards/Cheney debate and someone suggested that I invent the drinking game for the debate, so now I can't skip it. I'm thinking the game goes something as follows:
- 1 drink for every time Edwards mention a "common American" by name
- 1 shot for every time Edwards mentions being the son of a mill worker
- 1 drink for every time Edwards mentions Halliburton (or Enron)
- 1 drink every time Cheney says "trial lawyer". (1 shot if he says it with a snarl.)
- 1 drink for every time Edwards mention outsourcing.
- 1 shot for every time Cheney tries to connect 9/11 with Saddam or Iraq.
- 1 shot if Cheney uses the "f" word.
- 1 drink every time Cheney suggests that America will be safer with a Bush administration.
- 1 shot if Bush, Sr. is ever mentioned.
- 1 drink if the price of oil is mentioned.
- 1 chug of water if Jon Edwards mentions the possibilty of a draft (too depressing to be drink worthy)
- 1 drink every time Jon Edwards drops a "g" as in "Goin' fine, workin' hard."
Suggestions are welcome.
And let's not forget that Truth Girl has a special interest in the VP debate ever since she witnessed the "You, sir, are no Jack Kennedy" debate.