Friday, September 10, 2004

Love thy neighbor

Some nice quotes from Obama in the Pantagraph:
I think issues of morality and faith legitimately inform our public debate. But at least in how I approach it, I don't presume to question another person's faith because I think none of us are qualified to do that," Obama said during a campaign stop. "In my Bible, at least, there are passages like 'Love thy neighbor as thyself,' you know, 'Don't concern yourself with the mote in your neighbor's eye when you've got a log in your own.' Those are passages that I try to live by," Obama said. ... "I leave it up to God to judge how good of a Christian I'm going to be. I leave it up to the voters to judge how good of a U.S. senator I'm going to be. I don't concern myself too much with Mr. Keyes' judgment on either matter," said Obama.