Monday, September 06, 2004

Transcript from Party for the President

Transcript is up from Keyes' Party now. Since I didn't take a tape recorder, I want to post the transcript of sections that have been referred on this blog, for accuracy:
Now, I want to tell you. If my daughter or anybody else engages in behavior that put them under that descriptive label, I will not consent to lie about it, and I will not tell the American people that I support a plank that requires this logic and then exempt my daughter from the logic that it requires. It may be hard. It may require sacrifice for me to stand before you and make it clear that my selfish desire to maintain good relations with my children will never be the basis for a sacrifice of the best interests of our whole society--indeed, of our whole civilization.
I'm taking the comments on Latin America to the next post.