Friday, August 13, 2004

Why so much religion?

Because once you declare that "Victory is for God," you set yourself up for questioning about whether quite possibly God wouldn't have a different opinion on your politics. I'll return to various ways of thinking about the intersection of politics and religion in a later point. Update at 9:21 a.m. I wanted to clarify: I, in no way, think that I have any knowledge of what God actually thinks. In fact, I can't even decide what I think about religion, so I certainly don't know what God thinks. Neither have I reached any conclusions about what I think the role of religion should be in the public sphere. All I wanted to point out is that if one choses to use Christianity as your platform, you should be aware that reasonable Christians disagree as to what that platform should be.